Cost: $15.99 CAN for 30 pages of activities. The teacher's guide is included free of charge. Your order will be shipped using Canada Post Exedited shipping. For faster shipping options please visit our Order page.
The Story Writing Process – Study Activity Guide
Each humourous unit comes with a student lesson booklet and a Teacher's Guide.
The student will:
- Understand why we write.
- Learn and practice the five stages of the writing process: Prewriting, writing, revising, editing, and publishing.
- Know the parts of a narrative: characters, setting, conflict, point of view, plot, theme, and solution.
- Understand what is involved in prewriting: selecting and narrowing a topic, gathering ideas, and creating a story web.
- Learn strategies for starting a story.
- Decide the point-of-view of the story.
- Explore how to describe setting and characters.
- Understand how to introduce the conflict and theme.
- Learn the proper way to write dialogue as well as how to balance dialogue and action.
- Know when to end your story.
- Understand how to edit and revise the story.
- Learn specific strategies for checking for spelling and punctuation errors.
- Write and publish a final draft.